Coffman Cove is located on Prince of Wales Island in Southeast Alaska, the 3rd largest island in the US, and is accessible by float plane or the Inter-Island Ferry
Locally available in Coffman Cove:
- Convenience store that sells fishing licenses
- Public library
- Liquor store
- Gas station
- Post office
Wetherbee’s Lodge & Charter does not endorse the practices or policies of the sites linked to or from our pages; they are provided for informational purposes only.
- Alaska Airlines
- Breakaway Adventures
- Alaska Marine Ferry System
- Alaska’s Inter-Island Ferry Authority
- Island air Express
- Pacific Airways
- Promech Air
- Southeast Aviation
- Taquan Air
Ways to get to our island:
Fly into KTN international airport in SE AK, from there you have several options to get to Prince of Wales; float plane, wheel plane, and ferry. We suggest for first time comers, to take a one-way trip on the ferry or float plane to our island to experience something new, and on your way home, enjoy a convenience ride from Klawock airport with Island Air Express to the KTN airport. Makes it super handy for flying with fish boxes on your way home. They stay frozen and get to the airport in minimal time.
- Ferry from Ketchikan into Hollis on Prince of Wales. Arrangement for transportation to Coffman cove will be needed, you can call us to help with that!
- Fly from Ketchikan into Klawock via wheel plane. It is a short, nice, and convenient connection from the jet, getting off in Ketchikan, to our island.
- Fly from Ketchikan into ThorneBay, Coffman Cove, or Craig via float plane